Translate: Select any language
A female condom or femidom, likewise known by the brand name FC2, is an adaptable pocket that is embedded into the vagina or butt before sex. They can help counteract pregnancy and explicitly transmitted ailments.
During intercourse, the dainty silicone-covered, polyurethane or nitrile sheath gathers discharged semen.
The female condom appears to be unique from the male condom. Female condoms are pockets with a delicate, adaptable ring on each end.
Utilized accurately, they are 95-percent successful in avoiding pregnancy, contrasted and male condoms, which are 98 percent viable.
Quick realities on the female condom:
- Utilized accurately, a female condom is 95 percent successful.
- Female condoms don’t normally contain latex.
- They ensure a more extensive region of the body than male condoms.
- Female condoms can for the most part be bought over the counter at drug stores.
- An office visit with a medicinal services supplier isn’t normally fundamental.
- Try not to utilize oil-based oils with female condoms.
Adequacy: Does it work?
For a female condom to be viable in forestalling pregnancy, it must be utilized accurately.
Female condoms are 95-percent powerful in anticipating pregnancy when utilized effectively, with a 5-percent disappointment rate.
Notwithstanding, measurements demonstrate that, because of wrong use, they are 79-percent viable. Consistently, 21 ladies in each 100 who utilize a female condom become pregnant.
Male condoms, in examination, are 85-percent compelling.
It is essential to adhere to the guidelines when utilizing any kind of condom.
Step by step instructions to utilize a female condom
The condom can be embedded as long as 8 hours before intercourse.
Here are some bit by bit guidelines:
- 1.Check the expiry date and open the bundle with consideration, to abstain from tearing the gadget.
- 2.Notice the littler inward ring at the shut end. This is the part you will embed. On the off chance that you wish to include oil or additional spermicide, do so now.
- 3.Get into a casual position, possibly remaining with one foot on a seat, resting, sitting, or crouching
- 4.Pinch the sides of the internal ring at the shut end and slide it into the vagina, similar to a tampon.
- 5.Push the ring beyond what many would consider possible, ensuring it isn’t curved. Expel your finger, leaving the external ring hanging around 1 inch outside the vagina. This will cover the labia and part of the perineum. Presently it is prepared.
- 6.During sex, direct the penis into the opening of the condom, watching that it doesn’t slip to the side.
- 7.Remove following sex. Wind the external part to trap the semen inside, and tenderly haul out, taking consideration not to spill any semen. Discard the condom in the rubbish.
To use for anal sex, expel the inward ring, drive the condom in with a finger, and leave the external ring hanging out.
Note, notwithstanding, that female condoms have not yet gotten official endorsement for use in butt-centric intercourse.
A female condom is a decent decision of anti-conception medication in that it:
- is sheltered, basic, and helpful
- is female-controlled
- can be utilized during menstrual periods
- can be utilized with spermicide
- can be embedded as long as 8 hours ahead of time or as a feature of sexual foreplay
- can be utilized by individuals with a latex hypersensitivity
- can be utilized with silicone-, and water-based ointments
- won’t influence a lady’s hormones
- does not require a male erection to keep it set up
The outer ring may upgrade clitoral incitement in certain ladies.
The gadget likewise covers a more extensive territory than the male condom. Along these lines, it can give additional insurance from malady to the labia, perineum, and base of the penis.
This may decrease the danger of human papillomavirus (HPV) and herpes.
The female condom comes in a single size just, and it doesn’t need to be fitted.
There are a few disadvantages to utilizing the gadget.
It might prompt:
- vaginal, vulvar, butt-centric, or penile aggravation
- hypersensitive response
- vaginal inconvenience
Different issues are as per the following:
- It might likewise slip into the vagina or butt during intercourse.
- Sexual sensation might be decreased, and there might be commotion during sex.
- It is less circumspect than different types of contraception.
- It is more costly than male condoms and might be more diligently to discover.
Explanations behind alert incorporate the accompanying:
- It has a lower adequacy rate than other non-obstruction techniques.
- It isn’t formally affirmed for butt-centric intercourse.
- Every female condom must be utilized once.
- More research is required on how successful it is at securing against explicitly transmitted ailments (STIs).
- You have to figure out how to utilize it appropriately.
Utilized effectively, female condoms offer some security from explicitly transmitted disease (STIs), yet they should be utilized accurately. It isn’t affirmed for butt-centric sex.
Tips for use
- perusing the bundle guidelines and checking the expiry date
- putting away condoms in a cool, dry spot
- checking the condom for tears and imperfections before use
- utilizing an ointment to forestall slipping and tearing
- utilizing a female condom from beginning to end, each time you have intercourse
Never do the accompanying:
- Never utilize a male condom with a female condom, as gadgets may tear.
- Never reuse a female condom.
- Never flush a condom as they can obstruct a channel and cause natural harm.
Where would i be able to discover them?
The FC2 Female Condom is the female condom affirmed by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Female condoms more often than not cost around $3 each, or around $20 for a pack of 12, yet a few associations offer them for nothing. Some of the time they are accessible on solution, and some protection approaches may cover them.
They have been accessible over the counter and on the web. As of late, there has been a transition to make them accessible on medicine as it were.
Be that as it may, they are as yet accessible from network wellbeing facilities, where you can even now get them without seeing a specialist.
In the event that you have any inquiries regarding female condoms, how to utilize them, and on the off chance that they are the correct decision for you, talk with your human services supplier.